The gorgeous Allie Moon at A Moon transiting through cancer not only was nominated for a Liebster Award for her blog, but then nominated my blog for one. That’s just one example of the sisterhood you find yourself part of in my current context.
Liebster (which means ‘favourite’ in German) is an award that is passed from blogger to blogger in order to help readers find new blogs to follow.
Thank you Allie as ever, for your kindness and friendship. So let’s crack on……………
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate up to 5 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
RULE 2: My 11 questions and answers are:
1.What is your favourite quote?
“If you think you’re too small to make an impact, try spending the night with a mosquito” Anita Roddick
2. What inspired you to start your blog?
I’ve always enjoyed writing in a work context. Being diagnosed with Breast Cancer was not only a shock to me but to my family and friends also. Like most people, our family and friends are spread not only locally but globally too and so the blog was an ideal medium to use to capture the sequence of events, feelings, updates and general information about treatments and so on. It has opened up a new world of contacts for me which has been hugely supportive. I can see the reach of my blog from the stats and the countries where it’s being read and I suspect that people are reading it that may themselves be recently diagnosed or in early stages of treatment; I wish you well.
3. What’s your favourite post?
I’m assuming this question is about my own blog, so it’s Forgive us when we switch tribes
4. Where have you always wanted to visit but haven’t?
I quite fancy Vancouver Island or a tour around New Zealand.
5. Five blogs you follow?
Invasive Duct Tales http://www.invasiveducttales.com/
A Moon transiting through cancer from Allie Moon A Moon transiting through cancer
Writing the wave from Jenny Bender Writing the wave
Let Yourself Trust http://letyourself.net/category/blog/
6. What’s the one thing about you few people know?
I was the perfect Army wife – always doing as I was told…………………………………..
7. What has been the best day of your life?
Giving birth to Ben
8. If you could have dinner with five famous people, who would they be?
Ricardo Semler- author of Maverick (The success story behind the world’s most unusual workplace)
Stevie Wonder (of course)
9. If you could be or do anything what would it be?
Without sounding pretentious I’d like to make the world a bit fairer, more equal, less self-centred, kinder.
10. What type of music do you listen to?
Mowtown, Soul Classics, things Ben recommends, some classical when in the mood, 70’s/80’s. Can’t abide Opera.
11. What would you like to know more about?
What makes people tick and behave the way they do.
RULE 3: 11 Random Facts About Myself
- Despite my careful adherence to speed limits I’m the only one out of Steve, Ben and me who has had points on my driving license (34 in a 30 around Avebury Stones).
- I completed the interview stages to appear on Come Dine With Me on tv but chose not to go for it as certain I’d be edited as an old bag.
- As a child I flushed my roast potatoes down the loo every Sunday as I couldn’t bear them. I sneaked them into a tissue off my plate with strategic fake sneezing.
- I’m the youngest child and have an older brother. My parents still insinuate that had I been born first I would have been an only child………….
- I have an only child and get irritated when people say about any one ‘Well of course, they are an ONLY child’ and pull a face.
- As part of my Nursery Nurse training I saw my first birth on Christmas Day 1981. A healthy little boy named Nicholas.
- I don’t watch any soaps, Strictly, X-Factor, Get me Out of Here, and the like.
- I love gospel choirs and was lucky enough to spend a day with the London Community Gospel Choir as a present, with my friend Liz. We were crap probably but the choir were very gracious.
- My eyes are grey.
- I’ve never read Harry Potter (don’t judge me).
- My first pet was a guinea pig called Napoleon.
RULE 4: My nominees are:
- Jenny from Writing the wave Writing the wave
- Jules at Curtains for the Window Curtains for the Window
RULE 5: My 11 questions are:
- What is your favourite quote?
- What have you gained from writing your blog?
- What’s your favourite post on your blog and why?
- What’s your focus for 2016?
- Five blogs you follow?
- What’s the one thing about you few people know?
- Where is a special place for you?
- If you could have dinner with five famous people, who would they be?
- What advice would you give your 18 year old self?
- What type of music do you listen to?
- What would you like to know more about?